Good Friday - Easter Week 5 Minute Family Devotional
In this Good Friday devotional, we learn about Jesus’ betrayal and his trial in front of the governor Pilate. Stream the Easter Week Devotional series on Minno.
Not a Minno member? Sign up to receive your first week free and get instant access to the full devotional series plus more Christian kids shows and devotionals!
Looking for additional resources to share during your devotional time? Here are a few ideas we've pulled together:
1. Read the Bible story here: Matthew 26:36-66
2. Share these additional discussion questions:
- Before Jesus was arrested, he prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane. His prayer to God was full of sadness. He knew that he was going to suffer and die, and even though he had the power to change what was about to happen, he didn’t. Why not? What does that teach us about Jesus and his love for us?
- Judas was a disciple of Jesus who betrayed Jesus. Later, we learn that Peter, another disciple, denied knowing Jesus three times! Even later, after Jesus rose again, his disciple Thomas doubted the news until he saw Jesus and felt his wounds. These were men who gave up everything to follow Jesus, and even they had trouble following him and believing him. But Jesus and the Holy Spirit filled them with belief. Can you think of a time it was hard to follow Jesus? (Parents, this is a great opportunity to share with your kids about your own faith journey! Faith isn’t always easy and kids will learn so much from your own experiences with God.)
3. Download a coloring page of Jesus praying here.