There’s no doubt about it. Being a mom is incredibly hard work. In the midst of late-night feedings, taxi driving, kissing boo-boos better, figuring out how to answer a million questions you’re unprepared for, responding to “Mom! Mom! Mom!” all day long and everything in between, sometimes it’s easy to lose sight of how meaningful these things really are.
We’ve pulled together a few of our favorite quotes for you and the moms in your life. We hope they encourage you to remember even when you can’t see it, mamas, you’re making an impact for the Kingdom.
1. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
2. “Mother’s Day is about … recognizing the act of mothering everywhere we see it … when we listen, nurture, nourish, protect – we’re doing sacred work.” – Shauna Niequist
3. “I cannot tell you how much I owe to the solemn word of my good mother.” – Charles Haddon Spurgeon
4. “I learned more about Christianity from my mother than from all the theologians of England.” – John Wesley
5. “Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of a character in her children.” – Billy Graham
6. Her children arise and call her blessed.” – Psalm 31:28
Happy Mother’s Day, friends! Thank you for all you do to pour into your kids. It matters more than you could know!
Originally published on May 11, 2017