Owlegories follows a group of student owls – Gus, Joey, Violet, Nora and Twitch – as they adventure and learn about nature, faith, and God – led by their Professor Owlester.
What Parents Should Know
There are seventeen 15-minute episodes of Owlegories on Minno – all pointing to how creation is a reflection of God and his love for us. Every episode features a Bible verse before the students go on an adventure and learn about God! After their adventure, the students recap what they’ve learned back in the classroom with Professor Owlester. At the end of the episode, there is a two-minute teaching segment from a Christian pastor, author, or artist.
Here is a list of all the episodes you’ll find on Minno, as well as the featured Bible verse, the core lesson taught, and the Christian leader featured in each teaching segment:
- The Sun – Bible Verse: John 8:12 – Lesson: 3 Ways the Sun is Like God – Teaching Segment: Tony Evans (Pastor: Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship)
- The Seed – Bible Verse: Matthew 13:23 – Lesson: 3 things that help seeds grow in our relationship with God – Teaching Segment: Jen Wilkin (Author: Women of the Word)
- The Water – Bible Verse: John 4:14 – Lesson: How water is like God and his Word – Teaching Segment: Matt Chandler (Pastor: The Village Church)
- The Ant – Bible Verse: Proverbs 6:6 – Lesson: 3 ways followers of Christ should be like the ant – Teaching Segment: Trillia Newbell (Author: Fear and Faith: Finding the Peace Your Heart Craves)
- The Fruit – Bible Verse: Galatians 5:22-23 – Lesson: 9 qualities of a true Christian life – Teaching Segment: Angie Smith (Author: Seamless)
- The Butterfly – Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:17 – Lesson: 3 ways those who love Jesus are like caterpillars – Teaching Segment: Robert Morris (Founding Pastor – Gateway Church)
- The Fire – Bible Verse: Hebrews 12:28-29 – Lesson: 3 ways fire is like God – Teaching Segment: Ben Stuart (Executive Director: Breakaway Ministries on Texas A&M Campus)
- The Duck – Bible Verse: 1 Peter 4:10 – Lesson: God’s 3 greatest gifts – Teaching Segment: Silas Robertson (Uncle Si: Duck Dynasty)
- The Seasons – Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 3:1 – Lesson: 3 things followers of Christ can learn about the seasons – Teaching Segment: Jeremy Cowart (Humanitarian, Photographer)
- The Gift (Christmas Special) – Bible Verse: Ephesians 2:8 – Lesson: 3 things followers of Christ can learn from a Christmas Gift – Teaching Segment: Jennie Allen (Founder, IF: Gathering)
- The Star (Christmas Special) – Bible Verse: Psalm 147:4-5 – Lesson: 3 things followers of Christ can learn from stars – Teaching Segment: Afshin Ziafat (Pastor, Providence Church)
- The Lion – Bible Verse: Proverbs 28:1 – Lesson: 3 things followers of Christ can learn from the lion – Teaching Segment: Kids share the Gospel!
- The Lamb – Bible Verse: John 1:29 – Lesson – 3 things followers of Christ can learn from the lamb – Teaching Segment: Angie Martinkus (Pediatric Nurse Practitioner)
- The Bread – Bible Verse: John 6:25 – Lesson – 3 lessons we can learn about God from bread – Teaching Segment: Bobby Austin (Childrens Minister, Grace Bible Church)
- The Wind – Bible Verse: Acts 2:2-4 – Lesson – 3 ways the wind is like God
- The Moon – Bible Verse: Psalm 104:19 – Lesson – 3 ways the moon is like God – Teaching Segment: Lisa Harper (bestselling author, blogger, speaker)
- The Rainbow – Bible verse: Genesis 9:13 – Lesson – 3 things followers of Christ can learn about God from a rainbow – Teaching Segment: Brandy Little (Milestone Women)
What We Love
While Owlegories was made for preschoolers, it can truly be enjoyed by the whole family.
The show combines great storytelling with foundational teaching and beautiful animation – not to mention comedy! While each episode is jam-packed with great lessons to be learned, the overall takeaway from the series can be summed up by how each episode opens and closes. At the beginning of each episode, the students say the Owl Pledge:
We love to learn about creation,
it helps us become wise.
God’s nature is all around us,
if we look through heaven’s eyes.
Every episode ends with a truth we all need to remember – “God loves you and God loves me – he gives life to all we see.”
Originally published on May 22, 2017