Research has shown that social-emotional learning is the foundation on which kids build many other life skills. Children who learn to identify and manage their emotions do better in school and have fewer behavioral issues as they grow. At Minno, we want to provide fun and safe content for kids that supports growth in every area of their lives—spiritual, physical, educational, and social-emotional. The Adventures of Napkin Man portrays a positive learning environment and a trusted grown-up (Mr. Anthony) who leads preschool children on creative adventures that help them understand their feelings
The Adventures of Napkin Man Series Details
Mr. Anthony is a thoughtful teacher that helps his students learn how to appropriately handle all of their big, and sometimes confusing, emotions. Together with his trusted superhero sidekick, Napkin Man, Mr. Anthony leads young learners on adventures that help them understand their feelings.
- Recommended Age: Preschool
- Episode Length: 10 Minutes
- Format: Live-Action/Animated
- Episodes Available Now: 13
- Educational Focus: Yes
- Bible Tie In: No
“Napkin Man is a gentle show about how to name and regulate our emotions. Just like qualities of character, an emotional vocabulary can be developed at any age (even for adults!). We believe that emotions put us into motion – into action. This show helps kids develop the skills they need to navigate their own interior lives as well as name what they are feeling with their parents and caregivers. As they grow in emotional intelligence, we believe Jesus can meet kids (and adults) in what they are feeling at every turn. It’s a wonderful opportunity to pray with a child about what they may be feeling and communicate they are not alone in their emotions. Napkin Man provides a fun, practical approach to understanding our feelings and a way for parents to have conversations with their kids about what’s going on inside them.”
Denise George, Chief Content Officer, Minno
The Adventures of Napkin Man Episodes Available to Watch Now
1. Lotsofspots – Scott is super excited and can’t stop jumping! To help him calm down, Mister Anthony tells Scott a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped a boy named Larry, who was a finger painting artist, relax and focus so he could paint a doghouse for his dog, Lotsofspots.
2. Super Scott – Scott feels embarrassed about using his blankie as a super cape because some other kids think blankies are for babies. So Mister Anthony tells him a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped a little boy named Ricky to not be embarrassed about his super friend teddy bear.
3. Clowning Around – Vikram is nervous about joining in and playing with the other kids, which reminds Mister Anthony of a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped a clown named Vincent say hello and clown around with other clowns.
4. Step by Step – Benny gets frustrated trying to build a sandcastle. So Mister Anthony tells him a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped a kid named Sir Salim – a knight with a pet dragon – build a real castle, step by step.
5. Pony Express – When Suki is sad because her friend Mary has moved away, Mister Anthony tells her a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped cowgirl Betsy and cowgirl Jane stay in touch after Jane moves away.
6. Winston, We Have a Problem – Winston is feeling panicky because he can’t find his favorite toy space helmet, and he needs it to play astronaut. So Mister Anthony tells him a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped a little boy named Arnie the Astronaut get his alien friend Dracip back into space without his favorite rocket – but with something that’s just as good.
7. Penguin Problems – Sally and Louise are having problems sharing a play structure in the classroom; they both want to go first! This reminds Mister Anthony of a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped two penguins, Pip and Pop, take turns going down an ice slide in the South Pole, one penguin at a time.
8. That’s My Baby – Sally is mad because her mom is spending all her time with the new baby, and so doesn’t have time to play stickers with her. This reminds Mister Anthony of a Napkin Man story where Napkin Man helped a little girl named Susietell her mother her feelings about wanting to spend some more Flippy Floppy Flapjack time with her.
9. Moroccan Music – Benny and Louise each want to build their own creatures out of clay, but there’s not enough clay to go around. This reminds Mister Anthony of a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped Karim and Amina, two young musicians in ancient Morocco, combine their ideas to make an even better song.
10. Fiesta El Coco – Vikram is nervous when the class has a Mexican fiesta because he has never been to one before and is worried about trying something new. So Mister Anthony tells him the Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped a young boy named Gonzalo try something new – coconuts!
11. Train Troubles – Scott is disappointed because he likes another classmate’s lunch box more than his own. This reminds Mister Anthony of a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped a little boy train engineer named Timmy, who wanted a shiny new train, to think about all the things he loves about his own train that make it so special!
12. When in Doubt – Vikram is new to the classroom and is feeling confused because he doesn’t know where things go when it is time to put the toys away. This reminds Mister Anthony of a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped a young pirate boy named Bart ask “hey where’s this go?” when he’s ready to bury his treasure.
13. Benny the Brave – When Benny is scared to look in the cupboard under the sink, Mister Anthony tells him a Napkin Man story about the time Napkin Man helped a little boy named Asim bring on the brave in ancient Egypt and look inside the big treasure chest to find a treasure for the pharaoh’s birthday.