We love teaching kids about the Bible through great shows like What’s In The Bible?, Superbook, and 60 Second Bible Stories but we also want to help parents and leaders by providing fun activities you can do to help your kids hide God’s Word in their hearts.
TEACH KIDS SIMPLE BIBLE MEMORY VERSES WITH THIS FUN POOL NOODLE ACTIVITY!
I’m always looking for ways to teach my kids Bible memory verses. Everywhere we go this time of year, we see colorful pool noodles. I recently spotted them and my wheels started turning. What if?! What if we cut the pool noodles and wrote memory verse words on them?!
The kids and I worked together on this fun project today. Not only is it a great end of summer activity, but it’s also a simple way to use your noodle (aka brain) to hide God’s Word in your hearts!
- Pool noodles
- Serrated knife
- Cutting board
- Tape measure or Ruler
- Bin to hold your noodle words
1. Decide which verses you want to learn. We used the following short verses but you can choose from this list of Ultimate Bible Memory Verses for Kids by Topic.
Philippians 2:14, 1 John 4:19, Psalm 56:3
2. Cut the pool noodles in sections, shorter for short words, and longer for long words (this will help you get the most out of your noodles).
3. Slice each section of the noodle like you would a hotdog bun so it can be opened and placed on the edge of a surface.
4. Write one word of the verse on each section of the noodle.
Try mixing it up a bit! We put one whole verse on an orange noodle to give the kids a simple start. For the next two verses, we used both pink and blue so they would have to search more to find the right words.
5. Put your noodle words in a box or bin.
6. Use a piece of furniture, the edge of a bin, or your fireplace mantle (like we did) to display your Bible memory verses.
A FEW IDEAS ON HOW TO PLAY IT OUT:
- Put on music and work together to form each verse.
- Talk to your kids about their brain (often referred to as their noodle) and how it’s important to store God’s Word in our mind so his truth is there when we need to access it.
- Set a stopwatch and time how fast the kids can display each verse correctly.
- Make it a competition. See who can do it fastest!
- This activity is perfect for children’s church or Sunday school classes. So make sure to share the fun with your kid’s ministry pastor!
Learning God’s Word can be fun when we discover interesting ways to memorize it. We’re committed to filling our noodles with good things, first and foremost, the truth found in the Bible!
. . . . . . . . . .
Find more ways to teach your kids the Bible through fun faith-based shows on Minno!
If you’re already a Minno subscriber, watch now!
Not a subscriber? What are you waiting for?!
Sign up for your free trial HERE.